Frequently asked Questions:
Question: Will my pediatrician approve of chiropractic care for my child? – You don't need anyone's approval to seek a chiropractic opinion about health issues affecting your child. Medical practitioners keeping up with the latest pediatric chiropractic research are starting to understand the value of this natural, drug-free approach to better health.
Question: Will the adjustment be painful for my child? - Rather than using adult adjustments, special low-force techniques are tailored to the specific needs of each child. Children rarely have the long-standing muscle tightness as seen in adults; this helps make a child's adjustment gentle, comfortable, and effective.
- The nervous system is so important that the first cells to differentiate at about 7 hours after conception become the brain and the spinal cord!
- The nerve system controls and coordinates the function of all the systems in the body: circulatory, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, eliminative, and immune system. Any aspect of health may be impaired by nerve interference.
- The normal birthing process can put tremendous pressure on a child's spine. The pulling, forcing, and twisting done by doctors as well as forceps and vacuum extraction can damage the baby's young spine. Regular chiropractic checkups help monitor spinal development in children.
- Parents of children who receive regular chiropractic adjustments reported unexpected improvements in their children, such as improved sleeping, improved behavior and attitude, and improved immune system function.
- Uncorrected spinal problems during children's early development stages can lead to hard-to-correct subluxations (misalignments in the spine) in adults.
- Chiropractic care can help conditions such as colic, ear infections, asthma, allergies, and headaches (to just name a few) in children. Colic, breathing problems, nursing difficulties, sleep disturbances, allergic reactions, and chronic infections can often be traced to nerve system stress. As the infant grows, learning to hold up the head, sit, crawl, and walk are all activities that affect spinal alignment and are important times to have a child checked by a Chiropractor.
- Be careful not to write off any aches and pains your child experiences. Aches and pains at any age are a sign that something isn't right. Subluxations can be a culprit. Sports injuries among young kids are often ignored as "growing pains". Regular chiropractic checkups can help avoid problems seen later in adults.
Additional articles can be found at: http://icpa4kids.org/Chiropractic-Research/
Call today to schedule a health check up by calling 636-916-0660.
Ask about our New Patient Specials!
NEW PATIENT SPECIAL
During the month of June,
Call (636) 916-0660 today to schedule your appointment!
(Please mention this Promotion when scheduling!)